February 2020 Updates:
A few callouts for Aetna Medicare Supplement online quoting and enrollment tool. Here is how it works:
New underwriting process and application tracker
Aetna’s underwriting process will give you faster decisions for underwritten Aetna Medicare Supplement applications. Aetna has not altered their underwriting philosophy in any way. Most applications will have a decision within a few minutes. This exciting change also comes with an updated online application tracker, to give you clearer visibility to those decisions.
Changes: Point-of-sale telephone interview and voice signature option
To help make the underwriting process even easier for you, Aetna will no longer require or offer a point-of-sale telephone interview as of October 1, 2019. We’ll also be discontinuing the voice signature option.
- If any point-of-sale interviews are still pending after October 1, the phone line will still be available to use until those interviews are complete.
- Instead of a voice signature, you’ll continue to have 3 easy signature options for your electronic applications: security question signature, in person signature, email signature.
Our new underwriting process
Once Aetna receives your Medicare Supplement electronic application, they will provide one of the following underwriting decisions within a few minutes:
- Needs further review
Aetna will also provide decisions on your paper applications once they have verified all required information has been included with the submission. This review may delay how soon the decision is displayed on the website.
- Approved applications will be processed as normal.
- If an application needs further review, the application will be reviewed by our underwriting staff. And if necessary, our associates will call your client with targeted questions for clarification. This new telephone interview process will be easier for your client, as we will not need to review all health questions.
- If an application is declined, we’ll send the applicant (and you) a letter with details about how to get a copy of the information used to help with the underwriting decision. The application tracker on the agent website will show if an application is declined. A copy of the letter will be accessible within 24 hours.
Aetna Med Supp MACRA 2020 has been a huge success thanks to you! They have launched their MACRA 2.0 strategy in 16 states.
August launches for MACRA 2020 – SC, IL, LA, AZ and TN
July launches – AL, GA, IA, MI and MS
September launch – FL and DE
October launches – OH, NC, KS and PA
What does all this mean? Aetna’s plan F rates will be on average within $15-$20 a month of our plan G rates and our plan F rates have been lowered.
Why is Aetna putting out rates that are so competitive on plan F? There are tens of millions reasons why. After 1/1/20 anyone on a Medicare Supplement currently or Medicare eligible by 12/31/19 will still be able to purchase plan C, F and HIF after 1/1/20.
These clients that would like to receive a very competitive plan F rate with us will need to go through underwriting so this with be a very healthy group of insureds which can mean lower rate increases.
- AETNA MED SUPP has a new agent services phone number: 866-272-6630
- Clients can now purchase just the Cancer or just the Heart Attack and stroke benefit separately.
- Also added a recurrence benefit and changed the look back period from 10 years to 5 years.
- Aetna now has the ability to refund premiums directly into your clients accounts via EFT. No longer will it take 10-4 days to receive a refund.
If you have any questions please contact your Cornerstone Senior Marketing rep.