Anthem Ohio Medicare Important Updates – 9/28/21
2022 Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC) Update
The 2022 Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC) have begun to mail and will continue through the last week of September so that our members receive their ANOCs timely by September 30th and in accordance with CMS regulations. Beginning 10/1, you can download the ANOC from mProducer using the Plan Documents on the Plan Details quoting page.
The 2022 ANOC mailing includes the following components:
- Envelope messaging (address sheet showing through a clear plastic bag) which, depending on the amount of plan changes, will have several variations:
- It’s easy to keep your current plan. No action is required — it will auto-renew in December.
- Your plan just got better. No action is required — it will auto-renew in December.
- Want to keep your current plan? No action is required — it will auto-renew in December.
- See what’s new in your plan for next year. Questions? Call us to go over what’s changed – we’re here to help.
- Annual Notice of Changes booklet, which includes:
- Provider Directory, EOC, and Formulary Notice; the notice provides our members with information on how to access these documents online or request by paper
- Notice of Privacy Practices (NOPP)
- CMS Opioid Disclaimer
Moving from PDP/MS to MAPD:
- When PDP members enroll into another plan, their MS plan will NOT cancel automatically.
- Please inform the member that they MUST contact MS customer service to process that cancellation/disenrollment.
- If leaving a competitor plan, they should contact the competitors MS Customer Service to cancel that policy.
National PPO Network:
See attached for PPO Networks. As long as provider is in network, OH Members can travel to any of the attached states on their MA Plan.
Product spotlight – PERS
If you are looking for a ‘sticky’ benefit to help keep your clients with Anthem, look no further!
Our Personal Emergency Response System benefit will help you retain that member and make it near impossible for them to leave. Why you ask? Well, there are many reasons that set our unit as Best in Market. All of our plans have this at no additional cost and requires no health qualifications. All the member has to do is call member services and request it!
- 24/7/365 assistance anywhere in the country where there is a cell signal (works off ALL cell towers, not just certain carriers like other plans)
- Unit has a GPS locater and microphone inside. If member is lost, all they have to do is press the button to be connected to the care team. If their child or caregiver needs to find them, they can call the Care Team and have the unit pinged
- Optional fall detection services
- Water resistant; ok for shower or playing in sprinkler with grandkids, not ok for scuba diving
- Unit is great, but it won’t work if member forgets to charge it. Unit has a 36 hour battery life, but we recommend charging at the same time each day (put the charging cradle on tv stand and charge it at the same time every day. Do they watch news or Jeopardy every day? If so, make that the charging time. It will take @3 hours to charge from 0-100%
- Care Team includes licensed social workers. Member can press button to talk to someone because they are lonely, or, to ask for more information about a product they just saw advertised on tv. The Care Team is there for them around the clock
2022 Sales Kits:
They are coming in. Have you ordered yours yet? If not, head on over to https://custompoint.rrd.com and place your order today. The account is always wpss.
Virtual Seminar Schedule:
If you were unable to attend a live road show, please join us for a live webinar. You can register in our Anthem Broker Connection site here.