https://cornerstoneseniormarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/291_006_Logo_CornerstoneSM-300x112.png 0 0 Danielle Flesch https://cornerstoneseniormarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/291_006_Logo_CornerstoneSM-300x112.png Danielle Flesch2019-11-01 14:24:112019-11-01 14:24:11Medical Mutual November Updates
Medicare Supplement Updates:
- MMO’s Medicare Supplement rates have been approved. Soon you will be able to quote and enroll members electronically. Click here to view the rate sheet. Please note, effective Jan. 1, 2020, members’ rates will be based on age and gender.
- Medicare Supplement renewals for 2020 are scheduled to mail shortly. As a reminder, current members will renew at the new business rates. Members will not receive a renewal notification until the anniversary month. The renewal will include any rate updates in coordination with the member’s gender and age.
- As you reach out to your Medicare Supplement members, remember to ask if they would like to add the Supplement Plus plan to their coverage. This plan provides dental, vision and hearing benefits for only $28 a month.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2020, Medicare Supplement plans C, F and High-Deductible F will no longer be available for sale to members newly eligible for Medicare.
- Newly eligible members are defined as individuals who turn 65 years old on or after Jan. 1, 2020, or anyone who first becomes eligible for Medicare benefits due to age, disability, or end-stage renal disease, as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), on or after Jan. 1, 2020.
- Applicants eligible for Medicare prior to Jan. 1, 2020, will be allowed to purchase plans C, F, or High-Deductible F.
- MMO made enhancements to the Medicare Supplement commission statement, which now lists the commission amount.
- November is the last month you can submit Medicare Supplement applications without medical underwriting. Members are eligible to move from their current Medicare Supplement plan to any Medical Mutual Medicare Supplement plan without medical underwriting. All applications must be received by Nov. 30, 2019, for a Dec. 1, 2019, effective date
Medicare Advantage Updates:
- If you are selling Medicare Advantage in Cuyahoga, Medina or Summit counties, be sure to order the Secure Enrollment kit. This is the only kit that includes our new competitive Secure plan, which offers the following features:
- Low monthly premium of $15 ($0 premium for full low-income subsidy)
- $3,700 maximum out of pocket
- Primary care physician visit is $0, specialist visit is $30
- Over the counter (OTC), dental, vision and hearing benefits
- SilverSneakers® program
- Post-discharge transportation
- ChenMed in Central Ohio has been added to the Medicare Advantage HMO network.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the Physician’s Group of Southeastern Ohio (PGSEO) and Canyon Medical Center physicians will no longer be part of Medical Mutual’s Medicare Advantage network.
As a reminder, please be sure to submit termination requests to the appropriate email to ensure their timely processing. Click here to view the contact sheet.