Medical Mutual of Ohio: MedMutual Advantage® PPO Plans Available for Year-Round Enrollment
Sourced from MMO’s Special Broker Update Email from 1/26/22:
Medical Mutual is happy to announce our MedMutual Advantage PPO plans received Medicare’s highest rating, 5 out of 5 Stars, for 2022. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) rates Medicare Advantage plans annually on the quality of their health and drug services.
- Medical Mutual was awarded 5 out of 5 Stars for providing members access to the care they need when they need it and helping them quickly make any necessary healthcare appointments
- Medical Mutual achieved 5 out of 5 Stars for providing top-notch customer service
- Medical Mutual attained 5 out of 5 Stars by delivering the highest quality healthcare coverage to their members on a consistent basis
Because of this high ranking, Medicare beneficiaries can use the one-time 5-Star Special Enrollment Period (SEP) anytime until Nov. 30, 2022, to switch to a MedMutual Advantage PPO plan. Medicare Advantage plans are a great choice for clients who are looking to change and upgrade their access to healthcare coverage.
How to Apply:
If your clients prefer to enroll in a MedMutual Advantage PPO plan during this SEP with a paper application, they will need to use an updated Enrollment Form instead of the one included in the enrollment booklet. This updated form is available on MyBrokerLink. We have also updated our online application for this SEP. The online application is our preferred enrollment method. When filling out either form, your client should indicate that he or she is joining a plan with a 5-Star Enrollment Period.
Marketing Collateral Material Available:
We are developing a number of marketing materials you can use with your clients during this SEP, including fliers, postcards and advertisements. Your Medical Mutual Account Manager can help you identify the appropriate material for your audience and customize it with your contact information.
5-Star SEP Marketing Rules & Limitations:
- Clients can only switch to a 5-Star rated plan one time during the SEP
- Any reference to the overall Star rating must make it clear the rating is “5 out of 5 Stars” for Medical Mutual’s 2022 MedMutual Advantage PPO plans. This should not imply that our highly rated 4.5-Star HMO plans are available during the SEP
- Medicare clients can be informed the 5-Star SEP is available and they can be enrolled in a 5-Star plan from Dec. 8, 2021-Nov. 30, 2022
- You are not permitted to specifically reach out to clients enrolled in lower-rated plans nor tell them to specifically request this SEP
- You can put out general marketing communications or announcements to all clients who have the option to switch to a 5-Star plan during this SEP and encourage them to contact you to learn more
Marketing Material Requirements:
- All materials must include the appropriate disclaimer that refers to Star ratings:
- “Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.”
- Marketing materials cannot specifically target enrollees in poor performing plans
You may include CMS’ gold star icon on materials that clearly relate to the contract that received 5 out of 5 Stars. It is prohibited to create your own gold star icon.