Cornerstone Senior Marketing recently held a webinar with UHC regarding their AARP Medicare Supplement Ohio plans for 2021 and some big updates!
See below for all the information from UHC’s John Herbut:
- Beginning 6/1/2021 in Ohio, the Multi-Insured Discount is increasing from 5% per household to 7%!
- 2021 Rates are in! For new clients with eff dates starting 6/1/21 through 5/1/22, OH rates ONLY change by 3.5% (well below the standard 5% threshold we plan for) – see the attached OH June 2021 Kit for those new rates.
- Dental – we have a dental discount provided by Dentegra! This dental discount boasts in-network discounts generally averaging from 30 to 40% off nationally for a range of dental services, including cleanings, exams, fillings and crowns. This includes access to thirty-thousand in-network general dentists and specialists at ninety-thousand locations nationwide. This offer is available to all new and existing members and more info will be coming soon! To see the network, simply go to Dentegra and type in the zip code
- Billing Cycle Change – we will be adjusting the annual billing cycle in 17 to June 1. This means, 2020 rates will continue for an additional 5 months into 2021 and members will not see any new rate increase during this time (excluding discount wear-offs).
5. Agent Servicing
- Last year we made significant strides to Agent Servicing. We allowed you (AORs or respective delegates) to call the Producer Help Desk and do things like (on behalf of the member/client):
- Order replacement ID cards and fulfillment materials for members
- Obtain certain information related to members’ claims
- Obtain certain billing-related information
- Make changes to member’s address (some restrictions apply)
- Make corrections to some information that is correct on the application, but is incorrect in our system
- And for this year we are expanding those self-service capabilities (for AORs or respective delegates on behalf of the respective member) to:
- Make minor updates to members’ names
- Request Privacy Authorization (for member’s spouse, family, or friend) and EFT forms be mailed to member addresses on file
- Withdraw pending applications
- Request refunds for members with active accounts
6. Driver Safety – Participants in the course can brush up on the rules of the road, the latest car technology, maintaining flexibility for safe driving, and much more. Additionally, members who successfully complete the course may be eligible for a discount on their auto insurance.
7. A2O Enhancements The program is split into two levels, Authorized to Offer status and Authorized to Offer Elite status. Elite agents earn this status by selling at least 30 commission-eligible AARP Medicare Supplement Plans each calendar year. This program is not available to solicitor agents For more info on A2O go to Jarvis > Sales & Marketing Tools > Authorized to Offer > Select A20 Guidelines
The Authorized to Offer program has aligned with current UnitedHealthcare policies and removed the sales minimum related to the Authorized to offer. There is no longer a sales minimum for the Authorized to Offer Program.
8. Renew Active
- As a reminder, as of January 1st, 2020, plan holders can utilize the Renew Active offering provided exclusively by UnitedHealthcare. Your clients will now have access to an extensive number of gyms and fitness locations at no additional cost.
- To see participating gyms and fitness centers, navigate to https://uhcrenewactive.com/home
- Members can also connect with other like-minded individuals through the exclusive FitBit community for Renew Active members only. Members not ready to head into the gym? We have something for them too! This past spring, we also expanded the offering to include access to FitBit Premium at no additional cost which includes dynamic workouts, mindfulness sessions, guided programs, personalized insights, advanced sleep tools and community groups to provide members support when heading to a gym is not an option. Members do not need a Fitbit to access these online features
- When Members ask how they can obtain their unique code to enjoy the fitness membership for FREE:
How to obtain a confirmation code:
- Register/Access myAARPmedicare.com
- Navigate to the Health & Wellness section (tab at the top).
- Look for Renew Active on the right side of the page.
- Member’s Renew Active Confirmation Code is displayed in the bottom of the window with the heading Renew Active. Confirmation code will start with the letter ‘S’ followed by 9 digits.
The member should write this code down for use at fitness locations and for other access, such as certain local classes or AARP® Staying Sharp.
Remember: Renew Active gym and fitness center is a network of participating locations. Same Renew Active network for both Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage members. Usage of different gyms simultaneously. The member can visit multiple participating fitness locations within the Renew Active network, even on the same day. The member simply presents their confirmation code at each participating fitness location the member wants to use. The gym can then enroll the member in the Renew Active program and provide the member with access.
When Members request help from the Agent Regarding the Fitness Membership:
https://partner.uhcrenewactive.com/home This site is for AGENT USE ONLY, not to be shared with members! On this site Agents can look up participating gyms in the local market for their members or recommend a fitness location that is not currently in the Renew Active network. Additionally, Agents, ONLY when requested by the member, can request the unique code for members to use at participating gyms. Please note in order to do so the member must provide the agent with an email address so that UnitedHealthcare and email the member the terms and conditions.
9. Enrollment Kits can be downloaded from Jarvis > Sales & Marketing Tools > Sales Material Portal (2021 kits are LIVE if you’re not using LEAN)
10. The 2021 Producer Handbook is your one-stop-shop for all things AARP Med Supp
11. The Your Guide highlights all Guarantee Issue (GI) Scenarios is attached, it can be found in enrollment kits as well or on Jarvis
12. Increased Early Enrollment Discount is available for all 1/1/20 and later eff dates (all members with eff dates prior to 1/1/20 will retain their current discount structure, plan switching will not change this!) (chart showing how the discount works is below)
15. Change Request Forms
16. AARP Membership Guide is attached which illustrates all of the great benefits AARP has to offer – this is a great tool for clients so that they can see all of the discount AARP has to offer
17. myAARPconnection.com offers you a complimentarily AARP membership for being an Authorized to Offer Agent
18. If you have any MA/MAPD/DSNP questions, please be sure to reach out to your respective Agent Manager:
Rob Crockett email@example.com Central/SW Ohio
Dave Williams firstname.lastname@example.org NW Ohio
Ottis Gump email@example.com NE Ohio
Jane Gainard firstname.lastname@example.org NE Ohio
Adam Hunt email@example.com NW Ohio & Michigan
Brad Petrella firstname.lastname@example.org NE Ohio
Tim Klaus email@example.com NE Ohio
Jerod Long firstname.lastname@example.org Central & SW Ohio