UHC is excited to announce that starting in 2021, for Medicare Advantage (MA) plans with effective dates of 2020, UnitedHealthcare will pay renewals at the current Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published Fair Market Value (FMV) renewal year commission amount!
Example of how it works:
- If an agent sold a plan effective in 2020, the renewal amount in 2021 would have been $255.
- With this change, the agent will instead get $270 as the agent’s renewal rate in 2021 ($22.50/month).
- For 2021 that is $15 more dollars for each MA plan sold in 2020.
- State specific rates apply.
What does this mean for agents?
- For MA plans that became effective in 2020, starting in January 2021, monthly renewal commissions will be paid at the 2021 CMS FMV renewal rate instead of at the renewal rate that was in effect on the date the plan became effective.
Retaining members and paying you competitive renewal rates for your commitment to UHC members is important to UnitedHealthcare.
If you have any questions please reach out to your Cornerstone representative.