Cigna’s Agent of Record Reminder
Cigna Broker Communication from 10/15/21:
We appreciate that you choose to be part of Team Cigna! There’s no question it takes a significant amount of work to build your business, and that’s something you should be proud of. In advance of AEP, we want to let you know that we are committed to protecting your Agent of Record status as well as the commissions you’ve earned for the customers you’ve enrolled.
- We understand that sometimes existing customers need to change plans.
- We would prefer that they remain with Cigna.
- We want to reduce the work associated with plan changes and free your time to focus on servicing and growing your book of business.
We want you to trust that we will protect your interests and that we value you and your current relationship with the customers you’ve enrolled.
Our commitment to you
When an internal Cigna agent completes a plan change for one of your existing Medicare Advantage customers, you will remain the Agent of Record (AOR) and continue to receive renewal commissions on plan changes.
How will we do this?
Cigna has established a Dedicated Plan Change unit within the CARL team that exists solely to help existing customers transition from one plan to another. This unit is staffed by licensed service representatives, not Sales Agents.
• When an existing customer makes a plan change by calling our Dedicated Plan Change line directly, your AOR status will remain unchanged.
• When an existing customer calls customer service inquiring about a plan change, the customer service representative will transfer the customer to our Dedicated Plan Change line and your AOR status will remain unchanged.
• When an existing customer initiates a plan change through one of Cigna’s internal field sales or telesales agents our team member will either refer the customer to our Dedicated Plan Change line or complete the plan change themselves. In either case, your AOR status will remain unchanged.
The Agent of Record policy applies to:
• Active, licensed, appointed and 2022 certified agents at the time of the customer’s plan change
The Agency of Record policy does not apply when:
• The original agent is no longer eligible or terminated
• Another active, licensed, appointed and 2022 certified, external agent (not employed by Cigna) facilitates the plan change
• The plan change is facilitated through an external Cigna appointed call center agent/agency
The plan change process
As an agent, you still have the option to fill out a new application to submit for current customers.
Customers can call 1-855-649-5105 to connect to the dedicated Plan Change Queue.