AARP Medicare Supplement Plans will cover all cost-sharing, including Medicare Part B excess charges, for Medicare-eligible expenses for services related to COVID-19 treatment based on a confirmed positive diagnosis from February 4, 2020, until May 31, 2020.
This builds on the previously announced efforts by Medicare to waive cost sharing for COVID-19 testing and testing-related visits and Medicare’s temporarily expanded definition of telehealth.
In addition, from March 31, 2020, until June 18, 2020, AARP Medicare Supplement Plans will cover all cost-sharing, including Medicare Part B excess charges, for Medicare-eligible COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 telehealth visits.
UnitedHealthcare understands that certain enrolled members may be adversely impacted by the COVID-19 situation and may be unable to make premium payments by the due date. There is currently a two-month period that allows insured members to make a payment. For those enrolled members who were in danger of cancellation due to non-payment of premium in March and/or April, coverage was not terminated. At this time, UnitedHealthcare is allowing an additional month for payments to be made. Although there is additional time to make premium payments, there is only a 31-day period during which claims will continue to be paid while the member’s account is past due.
UnitedHealthcare will continue to assess the situation. We will also abide by any state-specific guidelines regarding premium due.
Remote Enrollment Options
As a part of online enrollments through LEAN™, agents can easily and remotely enroll consumers in an AARP Medicare Supplement Plan by using Remote Signature via DocuSign® and Voice Signature.*
What if the consumer does not have access to the internet?
Now extended through the end of May, when consumers are unable to use LEAN to complete a Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug or some Medicare Supplement plan enrollment applications, and it is not feasible to use a paper application, you can direct the consumer to call UnitedHealthcare telesales at 855-572-3837 to complete the application by phone. For consumers who do not have internet access that:
• Are in their Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period, or
• Qualify for Guaranteed Issue
Please use the process below:
1. Following your needs analysis conversation, direct the consumer to call 855-572-3837. Please note you cannot be on the phone with the consumer.
2. Inform your consumer to tell the representative the AARP Medicare Supplement Plan you discussed and that the representative will repeat some of the questions in order to meet all compliance requirements.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your consumer was unable to electronically sign documents and completed the application telephonically instead. Include name of prospect, state, plan chosen, date of presentation/referral to telesales, agent name, and writing ID. This will help ensure your commission payment and Agent of Record status.
Please mail enrollment materials via the normal paper process if the consumer:
• Is under age 65, or
• A current member looking to plan change, or
• Requires Underwriting
Thank you for your continued support. Please continue to check here for additional information related to COVID-19.