Centene’s full message regarding the Centene & WellCare combination:
We are pleased to announce that the combination of Centene Corporation and WellCare Health Plans is complete. The combining of Centene and WellCare has successfully created a premier healthcare enterprise focused on government-sponsored healthcare programs. No one company has brought a private sector focused approach to all facets of government healthcare – Medicaid, Medicare, the Health Insurance Marketplace and military services until today.
What does this mean for our Brokers?
- Stronger infrastructure leads to stronger tools and resources that Allwell will be able to provide to our brokers, agencies and field staff through this merger.
- Centene will continue to honor the relationships established independently by each of our two companies. No disruption to existing partnerships will take place at this time.
- There will be no changes to any existing broker or agency contracts or hierarchies during 2020 as a result of the combination.
- Our brokers and the role they play in our distribution structure will still remain our top priority for both organizations.
What does this mean for your clients?
This transaction has many benefits for your clients, our members.
- Immediately following the close, there are no changes to the Medicare member experience within WellCare or Centene.
- Centene and WellCare will build on both companies’ strong commitments to the communities in which our members live and work by offering competitive and comprehensive healthcare plans.
- The combined company will enhance its efforts to address the social determinants of health such as food insecurity, housing instability, homelessness, unemployment, lack of access to transportation and other non-medical barriers to health.
What’s the big picture?
This combination further reinforces our commitment to being the preeminent leader in the Medicare space. We value our partners, and look forward to continuing to provide healthcare solutions that meet the unique needs of the communities in each state. Most importantly, we are committed to our partnership and working together to continue providing access to the high-quality cost-effective healthcare solutions we have always provided.
Thank you for you partnership and continued support.
Allwell Medicare Advantage