Centene’s full message regarding the Centene & WellCare combination:
We are pleased to announce that the combination of Centene Corporation and WellCare Health Plans is complete. The combining of Centene and WellCare has successfully created a premier healthcare enterprise focused on government-sponsored healthcare programs. No one company has brought a private sector focused approach to all facets of government healthcare – Medicaid, Medicare, the Health Insurance Marketplace and military services until today.
What does this mean for our Brokers?
- Stronger infrastructure leads to stronger tools and resources that Allwell will be able to provide to our brokers, agencies and field staff through this merger.
- Centene will continue to honor the relationships established independently by each of our two companies. No disruption to existing partnerships will take place at this time.
- There will be no changes to any existing broker or agency contracts or hierarchies during 2020 as a result of the combination.
- Our brokers and the role they play in our distribution structure will still remain our top priority for both organizations.
What does this mean for your clients?
This transaction has many benefits for your clients, our members.
- Immediately following the close, there are no changes to the Medicare member experience within WellCare or Centene.
- Centene and WellCare will build on both companies’ strong commitments to the communities in which our members live and work by offering competitive and comprehensive healthcare plans.
- The combined company will enhance its efforts to address the social determinants of health such as food insecurity, housing instability, homelessness, unemployment, lack of access to transportation and other non-medical barriers to health.
What’s the big picture?
This combination further reinforces our commitment to being the preeminent leader in the Medicare space. We value our partners, and look forward to continuing to provide healthcare solutions that meet the unique needs of the communities in each state. Most importantly, we are committed to our partnership and working together to continue providing access to the high-quality cost-effective healthcare solutions we have always provided.
Thank you for you partnership and continued support.
Allwell Medicare Advantage
WellCare has provided important tips to ensure the beneficiary’s EFT is set up properly, plus additional Request for Information (RFI) status definition and resolution information.
WellCare appointed brokers received an email notification today requesting they take a 45-minute updated Agent Connect training called SM 2019 Agent Connect. The recommended training is available to ensure you understand the changes made to your Agent Connect Portal. However, WellCare recognizes it is a busy time of year and have stressed in the message, the following:
- The training is NOT required
- It has no impact on your selling status with WellCare
- There will be NO repercussions if it is not completed
Check your email for the WellCare notification to read additional details regarding the SM2019 Agent Connect training.
Not appointed with WellCare? Contact your Cornerstone Senior Marketing Sales Representative today to get started!
Members transitioning from Aetna to WellCare will need to complete a new EFT form for WellCare. The completed form must be mailed (not faxed) and include a copy of a voided check. The mailing address is on the EFT form.
MORE: Important….and encouraged!
Members can also go on to the Member WellCare Portal and select credit card payments, or choose to draft their online checking or savings to make payment on their desired date.
IN THE WORKS: Notification to transitioning members
Aetna is planning a post card campaign to those Aetna EFT transitioning members notifying them to re-register via the portal or call center.
We are excited to announce that the WellCare Enrollment Platform is ready for 2020! This mobile application is available on Apple, Android, and Windows 10, and designed to save you time and improve the experience of enrolling new members.
*The Windows and Android versions are now available; Apple will be released later today.
*If you have the 2019 app installed, a manual update is required for 2020.
- Perfect companion to the WellCare electronic Scope of Appointment capture.
- No paper application is required when the WellCare Enrollment Platform is used.
- No cellular/wireless data access, no problem. There are online AND offline modes included.
- No time lost faxing paper applications.
- Electronic applications are processed in a fraction of the time compared to paper.
2020 New Features:
- Seminar section (optional) for preloaded events.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) form built into the app.
- Medicare ID double-entry confirmation built in.
- Policy premium entry (not required) included.
For additional information and instructions to remove the 2019 Mobile SOA and Enrollment app and download the 2020 Mobile SOA and Enrollment app, please click the link below.
As always, your CSM team is here to help! For more information or questions please contact your Cornerstone Senior Marketing representative.
Article courtesy of WellCare/Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Centene Corp. and Tampa-based WellCare Health Plans Inc.’s planned $17.3 merger has gained the approval of five more states.
Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Ohio and Texas join 17 other states that approved of St. Louis-based Centene Corp’s (NYSE: CNC) acquisition of WellCare (NYSE: WCG). This latest round of approvals brings the total count of insurance departments that have signed off on the merger to 24. The companies originally sought the approval of 27 departments.
“We are making important progress in our merger process and are pleased that state insurance regulators continue to see the benefits that our combination will bring to recipients and communities,” Michael F. Neidorff, Centene’s chairman, president and CEO, said in a statement. “We will continue to work with the remaining state insurance regulators to demonstrate how we will provide recipients with access to affordable, high-quality services and products as well as deliver fair compensation for providers and create savings for states.”
The two companies expect the deal to be completed in the first half of 2020. WellCare is one of the Tampa Bay area’s largest public companies, according to Tampa Bay Business Journal research.
For the 2020 Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) and moving forward, WellCare is excited to announce that they will be offering a $50 incentive for every completed electronic Health Risk Assessment (HRA) for Medicare Advantage (MA) and Dual-Eligible Special Needs (DSNP) members beginning October 15.
On October 14, you will receive instructions on how to set up your electronic HRA account with our partner, Revel. Please be on the lookout for an email sent from: email@example.com with subject: Welcome to Revel Connect! Note: Your Revel portal must be created through the account setup email received from Revel.
For additional information on the HRA incentive and process, please reference the HRA Agent FAQ.