As previously communicated, MeridianCare became a subsidiary company of WellCare, and as of 1/1/2020, the companies will be fully integrated and operating under the same platforms. Going forward, email communications regarding the WellCare and MeridianCare transition will be on new co-branded template.
During the transition, you can expect the following in preparation for 2020 open enrollment period:
- Invitation from WellCare Health Plans prompting you to complete the 1099 agent contract
- Enrollment into the 2020 WellCare Annual Certification Training (ACT)
- This will be replacing the MeridianCare’s Miramar (formally known as Sentinel Elite) annual certification program
- Communications regarding 2020 America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) requirement
- WellCare does not accept PinPoint or Gorman Health Plan certificates for the Medicare Advantage annual certification requirement.
- Transition of the MeridianCarebrand to WellCare (plans and communications)
Please look for upcoming communications regarding all topics outlined above.
If you have any questions please reach out to your Cornerstone Senior Marketing Representative