https://cornerstoneseniormarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/291_006_Logo_CornerstoneSM_small.png 0 0 Danielle Flesch https://cornerstoneseniormarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/291_006_Logo_CornerstoneSM_small.png Danielle Flesch2020-10-09 15:38:272020-10-09 15:38:27CSM Tech Tip: Email Body Red Flags
CSM Tech Tip: Email Body Red Flags
Technology Tip – Social Engineering Red Flag: Email Body
The prevalence of phishing scams is at an all-time high. Because you are the key to preventing a cyberattack within your organization, it is important to question the legitimacy of every email you receive. Below is a list of questions to ask yourself about the content and body of the email that may help you realize that you are being phished.
Review the content of the email.
- Is the sender asking me to click on a link or open an attachment to avoid a negative consequence, or to gain something of value?
- Is the email out of the ordinary, or does it have bad grammar or spelling errors?
- Is the sender asking me to click a link or open up an attachment that seems odd or illogical?
- Do I have an uncomfortable gut feeling about the sender’s request to open an attachment or click a link?
- Is the email asking me to look at a compromising or embarrassing picture of myself or someone I know?
If you notice anything about the email that alarms you, do not click links, open attachments, or reply. You are the last line of defense to prevent cyber criminals from succeeding and making you or your company susceptible to phishing attacks.
Let’s stay safe out there!