Sourced from SureBridge Broker Communication from 7/27/22:
Over the past 2 years we have kept you informed of new SureBridge business moving by states to be supported on our new policy administration system. This move typically meant a change in billing dates for most and a move to our new member website. We are excited to announce the end of this conversion process and move all remaining “old” business (i.e. any business not on the new system) to our new policy administration system at the end of August. Here is what you and your customers can expect:
- July 29: Letters mailed to customers who do not have a 1st of the month billing date. The letter will tell them about:
- If their billing date will change
- How their plan premium will be collected (some may have a pro-rated amount drafted/charged)
- A new member website that will be coming mid-September and will replace ChesapeakePlus.com.
- Aug 15: Emails sent to customers registered to use ChesapeakePlus.com letting them know this site will be unavailable after Aug. 24. A new website is coming soon to help them manage their plan.
- Aug 24 -29: System conversion for remaining in-force business on the “old” system, excluding List Bill customers (to be converted in Oct. 2022). Policy changes cannot be made until the business is fully converted to the new administration system. ChesapeakePlus.com will be unavailable for login; messages will be up to let site visitors know.
- Aug 30: Any policy changes received (and suspended) during the system conversion will be released. Billing, changes, etc. with active policies will resume.
- Sept 16: Customers will be emailed about the new customer website and how to register.
List Bill Customers
Although List Bill groups are not being moved at this time, access to ChesapeakePlus.com will not be available to this group starting Aug. 24. We expect to move these groups in mid-October. We will email you, and them, about changes and access to the new member website.
Agent Self-Service Tool, myportal.surebridgeinsurance.com
This tool will continue to be available for Agent use. You can use it to make changes on behalf of your customer – like an address change, request for duplicate ID cards, or even cancel a plan if need be. Bookmark myportal.surebridgeinsurance.com for quick access.
- Remember requests/changes cannot be made Aug. 24 – 29 until the system move is complete.
Commission amounts may be different for a short time in September and/or October due to the collection of pro-rated premiums and billing draft date changes. Once full monthly premiums begin regular posting on new billing dates, you’ll see full regular commission payments again. Advances, if applicable, will be made based on the full commissionable premium amount.
SureBridge-branded products are underwritten by The Chesapeake Life Insurance Company, which is a UnitedHealthcare company. The UnitedHealthcare brand will be introduced over a period of time to Agents and customers. Its first appearance will be on the new member website coming in September. We are excited about this introduction and will be sharing more in the future on how to begin to leverage this in your conversation with customers.
We are excited about the changes that are coming and look forward to better serving you and our customers. Please keep watch of your email as we send future announcements and updates, keeping you informed of our progress.
Producer Support is here to help answer any questions you may have. Use this quick guide for contact information as well as other general assistance.