Per SureBridge Message on 9/2/2020:
Due to Covid-19 Premium Relief, there are approximately 2,000 policies that remain suspended as a result of customers contacting Customer Service to request premium relief.
An email will be going out to customers this week requesting they contact Customer Service if they would like to reinstate their policy(ies). The normal 45-day guideline will be waived in order to reinstate these policies. Customers will have the option to make payment arrangements in order to repay past premiums. Any policies that remain suspended as of September 18, 2020, will automatically lapse unless they are paid to date or a payment arrangement has been made. Click here to view a sample of the email that customers will receive.
Please note, agents cannot contact Customer Service on behalf of the customer to request reinstatement. The request can only be made by the customer.
If you have any questions, please contact Producer Support at (888) 797-4447. Representatives are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Effective September 18, 2020, Producers may now be required to pay for non-resident appointment fees at the time of initial onboarding, in addition to any states added after onboarding. SureBridge will continue to pay any appointment renewal fee as long as the producer has submitted at least one piece of business in the renewal state within the last 12 months.
Producers will be notified by email that they will now be required to pay the non-resident fees for any states added going forward and will be directed to contact their upline with any questions. To request additional state appointments after onboarding, Producers can call 888-797-4447 and select the option to make a state appointment fee.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Customer Service/Producer Support team is currently undergoing mandatory training that will help the staff be more efficient in advance of Open Enrollment. SureBridge anticipates the training lasting through September.
During this time, customers and agents may experience longer than normal hold times to speak to a Customer Service Representative. You may want to refer customers to the SureBridge Member Portal at www.Chesapeakeplus.com for information and transactions that can be completed online. Agents can utilize the Self-Service tool at www.surebridgeinsurance.com.
SureBridge sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience you may experience during this time.
SureBridge message as of 7/6/2020:
SureBridge has received notification that the medical record vendor (EMSI) has permanently closed the business as of Friday July 3, 2020. This means SureBridge may experience delays in receipt of medical records associated with current claims.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate transition to a new vendor. If there are any issues or concerns please contact Producer Support at (888) 797-4447.
Cornerstone will provide more information as soon as we learn more. Questions? Reach out to your CSM representative
|Some customers need to update their payment info in the Portal|
|SureBridge has been made aware of a technical matter as a result of their transition to a new payment vendor that has resulted in a number of June credit card payments improperly failing. Due to this issue, agents may see a higher than normal amount of failed payments on their daily Take Action email notifications.
Customers with failed credit card payments for the current bill cycle only should be referred to the SureBridge Member Portal at myportal.surebridgeinsurance.com to update their credit card information on file.
All customers that have policies with past due payments should be referred to SureBridge Customer Service at (800) 815-8535. Customer Service is available to update their credit card or make a onetime payment Monday through Friday from 8:00am through 5:00pm in all time zones.
Please advise your customers that wait times are longer than usual due to increased inquiries about this issue and those who can update their payment through the Customer Portal should be encouraged to do so.
Any policies that lapse as a result of a failed payment associated with this issue will be reinstated accordingly.
We apologize for this inconvenience and are working diligently with the vendor to resolve the issue.
Questions? Contact SureBridge Producer Support at 888-797-4447 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
In preparation for SureBridge’s transition of payment vendors ALL in-flight applications using credit card as a payment method will need to be submitted prior to 8 PM on May 15.
Starting from 8 PM on May 15 through 8 PM on May 21, any application started or submitted using a credit card will require the New Business team to contact the applicants directly and recollect their credit card information. Applications started but not submitted during this timeframe could be impacted up to 30 days from the date the application was started, creating additional work for both New Business and the customer.
To reduce this impact, and the need to contact the customer, please close as many of your in-flight applications prior to 8 PM May 15 as possible; and where feasible do not select credit card as a method of payment for applications from 8 PM May 15 through May 21.
Applications started on or after May 22 will process as normal under our new payment vendor.
Also, please be aware that the Self Service portal, for credit card processing, will be unavailable from 8 PM on May 15 through 8 PM on May 21, for both you and your customers. For urgent issues, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-815-8535.
If you have any questions – reach out to your Cornerstone representative
Connect with your Cornerstone Senior Marketing Rep today to talk about the SureBridge product line-up!
- Pays a daily benefit if the client is hospitalized
- Optional emergency care rider –if the client is not feeling well and goes to the ER, the benefit pays, even if they are not hospitalized.
- Preventative benefits available immediately at 100% with no deductible.
- Major Services (vision and hearing hardware) have a 9 month waiting period. Now is a great time to start the plan and have everything ready to go once dentists open back up.
GetWell Medical Assistance
This is NOT an insurance product. However, it does have 24/7 consultations via phone or web with physicians, who can also prescribe medications – consumers who can’t go to a doctor right now for minor issues find value in this product. Read more: SureBridgeGetwell
Important Point of Sale (POS) Tool Impacts
Updates to the Surebridge Point of Sale tool will begin around 7 PM CST Thursday, February 20 which could cause the system to be temporarily unavailable. Email Proposals sent prior to Friday (2/21) will not be able to “Apply” for the new application after Thursday (2/20). If the application is not started by the customer before Thursday (2/20), a new Proposal must be created.
In addition to the revised Application** and product revisions in Maryland, the following updates will be made to the POS Tool:
- Accident Disability Direct Changes
- All Benefit Levels will now be considered Guaranteed Issue (GI); subject to eligibility questions such as citizenship, occupation and salary
- All Elimination Periods and Duration options will now be available for all Benefit Levels
- Simplified Issue (SI) commission levels will be paid for all Benefit levels
- The Citizenship Question on the application has been revised to allow the selection of “DACA (Deferred Action Childhood Arrival) Recipient”
- Now Allowing Prior Dental Coverage Credit for the PPO Dental Premiere and Senior PPO Dental Premiere – Waiting periods may be waived on the PPO Dental Premiere for new customers previously covered under “full dental coverage,” provided such prior coverage was in effect for at least 12 consecutive months with no gaps in coverage greater than 63 days prior to their application date. The applicant will be required to provide their prior dental coverage information on the application. Partial credit will not be allowed.
- “Full Dental Coverage” is defined as coverage that includes Types I, II, and III covered expenses, such as restorative, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontic, and oral surgery. The PPO Dental Basic or Bronze Dental plans do not meet this definition and will not qualify for the waiver if upgrading to the Premiere.
** Please review the new application carefully as some of the questions may have changed.
Additional Point of Sale (POS) Tool Update
Improvements to the Voice Signature Process
All required disclosure verbiage will now be displayed on the UI screen. You will no longer have to open each document to read and acknowledge separately. Simply scroll down to read what is required, acknowledge at the end, then move to the next step.
- We have adjusted verbiage throughout to read “Do you” instead of “I”.
Only the required verbiage for applicable plans will display. For example: The Pre-existing disclosure for Disability plans will not display if the customer is not applying for a Disability plan.
- EyeMed: Changes to Participating Retail Providers
- In Case You Didn’t Know
- Producer Support is here to help!
Click here for details regarding these topics.
Don’t Miss a Thing!
- See the Commonly Asked Questions about Prime DVH.
Want to order printed SureBridge brochures? Take advantage of the SureBridge Supply Storefront
SureBridge has some changes that were recently made to their Producer and Agency Welcome emails and DocuSign Account Activation Reminder emails.
- Users will now receive 2 emails:
- The first email will be the same Welcome email they receive today, with the exception of “Your password will be delivered in a separate email” replaced the Password line.
- The second email will contain their temporary password.
- Welcome email will CC the immediate reporting authority and BC the top level agency and Producer Onboarding.
- Password email will only be sent to the activated user.
- Welcome email will be sent from NoReply@SurebridgeInsurance.com.
DocuSign Account Activation Reminder Emails
- Email will no longer CC the immediate reporting authority and BC the top level agency. It will only be sent to the activated user.
- Reminder email will be sent weekly to any account with the status ‘Activation Sent’.
- Email will be sent from SureBridge@surebridgeinsurance.com.