Cigna Agent Communication from 10/5/2023:
Corrected benefits and updated digital copies.
Please review this email before meeting with customers to ensure you are presenting the correct benefit information.
We discovered a few errors in the 2024 Cigna Healthcare Medicare Advantage Enrollment Guide.
What you need to know:
- You do not need to order new sales kits. You can continue to use the guides that have been printed and distributed. We just need your help making sure the customer gets the correct benefit information.
- Corrected copies of the Enrollment Guide have been posted to Producers’ University and CustomPoint. You can find the updated guide in Producers’ University by visiting the Resource Center.
- To address the correct benefits, please follow the steps below.
How to get the correct benefit information
- Print and use these corrected pre-enrollment checklists.
These should replace the checklists in your printed guide.
- Pre-enrollment Checklist – Generic
- Pre-enrollment Checklist – Generic (Spanish)
- Pre-enrollment Checklist – AZ only
- Pre-enrollment Checklist – AZ only (Spanish)
NOTE: You must be logged in to Producers’ University directly or through CignaForBrokers single sign-on to access these documents.
2. Review the list of benefit corrections below.
Make sure your customer understands the benefits offered with their selected plan. The benefits listed below are not available with all plans.
Transportation: The benefit for routine, non-emergency transportation was listed as 60 miles instead of 70 miles. Prior authorization is required for trips exceeding 70 miles one-way.
In-home support: Our in-home support program provides a variety of helpful services and companionship virtually through a telephone, smart phone, or computer. This is a change from 2023.
Services can include help coordinating transportation and meal/grocery delivery. Companionship includes virtual visits focused on social check-ins, games, even art classes and virtual museum tours.
- Update your training and customer/telephonic scripts with the corrected benefit information.
Thank you for your understanding. We appreciate your help, and we are sorry for the inconvenience.