The enhancements will make your selling experience easier than ever before.
Cigna’s Value Based Enrollment (VBE) initiative continues to be a successful and well-received program among Cigna Healthcare agents.
As part of this program, agents can earn $75 or $125 (depending on the plan) for facilitating Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) with their eligible customers, which means more money in their pocket!
New Way to Access HRAs
Cigna has heard your feedback and have worked to make HRA facilitation easier and faster than before.
Starting on September 29, 2023, you will be able to access Cigna Healthcare’s HRA in the following locations:
• SunFire or ConnectureDRX: HRA embedded in each program for agents that are fully integrated into the respective vendor platform.
• Cigna for Brokers: For non-SunFire users and/or non-Connecture agency partners – Use single sign-on to access SunFire HRA via the “Health Risk Assessment” link in the Tools section.
• eEnrollment: Embedded at the end of the customer enrollment process (i.e., via SunFire HRA widget – HRA will be embedded directly within eEnrollment).
Current HRA Tool – Icario
You can continue to use the Icario tool to facilitate HRAs with your customers until January 1, 2024. After this date, Icario will no longer be available to facilitate HRAs, but you will be able to use the new tools listed above – SunFire and ConnectureDRX.
What is a Health Risk Assessment (HRA)?
The Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is a tool that helps the health plan assess a customer’s needs by asking a series of health-related questions. Answers are used to partner with health care providers and to develop a plan of care.
Facilitating an HRA for your customers provides you an additional opportunity to engage with them and solidify your relationship. It also helps jump start the customer’s journey, engagement, and utilization of Cigna Healthcare’s services resulting in increased retention and improved outcomes for the customer.
If you facilitate an HRA for your customers, you are eligible to receive payment, which varies depending on the plan they enroll in.
What Medicare plan types are eligible for the VBE HRA payment?
The HRA payment will be made for new Medicare Advantage customers, and voluntary customer plan changes that result in active Cigna Healthcare customers.
Agents earn $125 when facilitating an HRA with D-SNP and C-SNP customers, and $75 for all other Cigna Healthcare MAPD customers.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To be authorized to facilitate the VBE HRA, you must:
• Complete VBE HRA training via Producers’ University. (VBE HRA training is no longer a separate or standalone course – we have embedded the content as a downloadable PDF in Our Compliance Program.)
• Qualify as ‘Ready to Sell’ to complete the enrollment application with the customer.
After you complete the VBE HRA training, you will receive access to Cigna Healthcare’s electronic HRA within 24-72 hours (if you are ‘Ready to Sell’).
Deadlines to Submit HRAs
You must facilitate the HRA with the customer and submit the completed HRA in the portal, within ten (10) calendar days of the customer’s application sign date, in order to ensure a positive customer experience.
As a best practice, you should obtain the HRA immediately after completing the customer’s application for enrollment. Otherwise, we recommend confirming your next appointment with the customer with the date and time details, prior to making the next outreach.
You’ll have until December 22, 2023 to submit the HRA for any customer applications taken from October 1 – December 7 of 2023.