Aetna email update from 12/17/20:
Update on distribution of COVID-19 vaccines
Since CMS is covering the vaccine costs, the COVID-19 vaccination will be covered at no added cost to current Aetna Medicare members. We expect that vaccine distribution will occur in phases, beginning with high-risk health workers, first responders and older adults living in long-term care facilities. It’s expected to take many months to vaccinate the entire U.S. population.
It’s our understanding at this time that the CDC and CMS will determine the eligibility for the vaccine. Aetna Medicare Advantage senior leadership remains in contact with CMS leadership on this matter. While no request from CMS has been made to help identify beneficiaries who qualify, we stand at the ready to help and support them with this effort however we can.
As we learn more, we’ll keep you informed. You can also visit our COVID-19 resource center at www.cvshealth.com/covid-19.
Aetna helps members access COVID-19-related care through new and extended waivers
Through January 31, 2021, we’ll also waive Medicare Advantage member cost-sharing for:
- Inpatient admissions for treatment of COVID-19 or health complications associated with COVID-19
- In-network telemedicine visits for specialist visits, which includes mental and behavioral health providers
- All in-network primary care visits, whether done in-office and via telehealth, for any reason
We’ll also continue to waive member cost-sharing for diagnostic testing related to COVID-19 for Medicare members. Learn more.
Open Enrollment Period (OEP) starts January 1
During the Medicare Advantage OEP, beneficiaries who are enrolled in an MA/MAPD plan have a one-time opportunity to change plans. This election period is not available to those with Original Medicare or those enrolled in a standalone Prescription Drug Plan. Learn more.
OEP dos and don’ts: Review examples on how to assist your clients during OEP
During OEP, do:
– At a beneficiary’s proactive request, send marketing materials, have one-on-one meetings, and provide information on the OEP
– Include general information on your website about enrollment periods, including OEP
During OEP, don’t:
– Send unsolicited materials encouraging an enrollment change or referencing the OEP
– Specifically target beneficiaries because they enrolled in a plan during AEP
– Call or otherwise contact former enrollees who selected a new plan during AEP
– Engage in or promote activities that intend to target the OEP as an opportunity to make further sales
Commission payments start Jan. 4:
Commissions for 2021 plans will start generating the first week of January. You can expect the first payment to appear in your bank account starting the week of January 4.
Review the 2021 commission schedule
Click here to learn how we pay commissions
SEP marketing materials available on Studio
You can now customize, download, print and order CMS-compliant SEP materials on the Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio. After you login to the Studio, just click on SEP in the left-hand menu. You’ll find the following SEP materials available:
- Call for appointment flyer
- Meeting postcard
- Full page ad
Your client enrolled in an MA/MAPD plan, now what?
Typically, about two weeks after a beneficiary’s Aetna MA/MAPD enrollment application is accepted, they’ll receive:
- A welcome letter confirming their enrollment and an Aetna member ID card
- A letter with guidance on how to find the following essential plan documents online and or request printed copies (click here for an example):
- Evidence of Coverage, formulary (if applicable), a pharmacy directory and a provider directory
Aetna Broker Services Department holiday hours:
Just contact the Aetna Medicare Broker Services Department for help at
1-866-714-9301 or email@example.com. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 8 PM ET. Please note: Our office will close early on December 24 and December 31, and we’ll be closed on December 25 and January 1, as shown below.
- December 24: 8 AM – 5 PM ET
- December 25: Closed
- December 31: 8 AM – 5 PM ET
- January 1: Closed