Sourced from Anthem’s Producer Newsletter on 2/9/2023:
February 9, 2023
We’ve worked closely with The Christ Hospital Health Network for several months, but we haven’t reached an agreement to keep them in your clients’ plans.
This means that starting April 1, 2023, your clients may pay more for care they receive from Christ Hospital’s facilities, and May 1, 2023 for care they receive from Christ Hospital’s doctors. This includes care your clients received at the following Christ Hospital facilities:
- The Christ Hospital
- The Christ Hospital Medical Center – Liberty Township
- The Christ Hospital Outpatient Centers
- The Christ Hospital Urgent Cares
- The Christ Hospital Surgery Centers
- The Christ Hospital Outpatient Imaging Centers
- The Christ Hospital Lab Draw and Pre-Surgical Testing Centers
- The Christ Hospital Cardiovascular Testing Centers
- The Christ Hospital Health Network Physical and Occupational Therapy Centers
- The Christ Hospital Sleep Centers
- The Christ Hospital Outpatient Clinics
- The Christ Hospital Wound & Ostomy Care Centers
- The Christ Hospital Medical Associates (physician practices)
We will be sending a notice to your clients letting them know. Unless we reach an agreement, Christ Hospital won’t be in your plan’s network starting April 1, 2023 for Christ Hospital facilities, and May 1, 2023 for Christ Hospital doctors.
Clients may pay more if they decide to keep seeing a Christ Hospital doctor or receiving care at these facilities
If the client decides to keep seeing this doctor or receiving care at these facilities after April 1, 2023 or seeing this doctor after May 1, 2023, they may pay more or all of the costs for the care. Some plans only cover care from doctors and care facilities in the plan’s network, except in emergencies. Employees can check their plan documents to learn more.
There may be exceptions
A client may be able to stay with Christ Hospital’s doctors and facilities for a limited time if they are in treatment for a serious and complex condition, in the hospital, scheduled for nonelective surgery, pregnant, or terminally ill. Their plan documents include more information about continuity of care.
We will continue to negotiate with Christ Hospital and hope to reach an agreement that keeps them in our plan’s networks.