Wellcare 2022 Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) Consolidation
Source: WellCare email communication from 7/17/21:
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) establishes limits on the number of Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) a plan sponsor is allowed to offer. With the Aetna PDP acquisition transition period ending, Wellcare is reducing the number of PDPs offered to align with CMS allowable plan limits.
Beginning with the January 2022 plan year, Wellcare will streamline our PDP offerings from six plans to three plans in all 34 regions across all 50 states and D.C. A total of 102 PDPs will be offered nationwide.
Key Points to Note
- Members enrolled in plans impacted by the consolidation will be automatically mapped to their new plan for 2022.
- Members will be notified of the plan consolidation beginning in September, via the Annual Notice of Change (ANOC).
- Members impacted by the plan consolidation will be reissued an ID card.
- Throughout AEP, Wellcare will send reminders to members to review premium, benefits, formulary, and network information to ensure that their new plan will be a good fit.
- GREAT RESOURCE!: Support tools, including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), will be distributed to assist you with questions. Click here to view the latest FAQ.
- The Agent of Record (AOR) will be retained and mapped to the member’s new plan.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the WellCare PDP consolidation, contact your Cornerstone Senior Marketing rep today!